The Altar Family!

Monday, September 15, 2008

A Very Special Baptism Sunday


Before we ever met as a church family with our new beginning, we asked Pastor Don if he would be willing to honor our family by Baptizing our two oldest Children. He said YES! We told family members and friends, and before we knew it, people were lining up as they were so moved by Don's return to us as our spiritual leader! Here you see Caroline being Baptized, we could have done this another time, but it just would not have felt right. God knew the timing, and we had a Sunday afternoon at the home of some very dear family members in Christ at their pool behind their beautiful home. There was a stone waterfall going into the pool, the sun was brilliant- It was God's time to SHINE! We just HAD to share this with our new church family! We are glad that we were patient and waited on God to show us His plan of how He wanted this to happen!

2 comments:

Autry Freeman said...

Don, Matt, Beth, Caroline, Will & Anna Claire,

As I look at the pictures of my grandchildren's baptism, I can't help but think of the impact Don Helm's has made in your lives.

Your bond started as teenagers @ Frist Baptist Church and as you and Beth decided you would spend the rest of your lives together, it was Don you chose to preside over and commemorate that bond. He was there as each of your children were born, he's been there to share in your celebration of life and he's been there as your "rock" in your darkest hour.

As I watch Don baptize Caroline, I am reminded of what a "Shepherd" he has been. Many are called Pastor, few have the "heart" of a pastor.

Matt & Beth, you are so blessed to have God holding Don's hand and Don Holding yours as the center of your lives - If Don ever needs my help with anything at all, I would be honored to lend that help in appreciation for all he has done for the lives of my children and grandchildren.

Love,
Dad

Matt Freeman (Host) said...

Beautiful...just beautiful! That is my precious niece, Caroline. I am so proud of you sweet girl. What a big decision you have made...the biggest and most important one you will ever make! I love you!

- Aunt Angie